Episode 17: Mixing Cannabis, Herbs & Tea to Create a Soothing Self-Care Experience
Today’s guest is checking in all the way from France! We kick off this conversation by talking about how cannabis has been stigmatized because of racism and by exploring the shared experiences of women cannabis users from around the world.
Herbal expert Amandine gives us the goods on how we can combine the benefits of hemp and other herbs like chamomile to create a self-care experience through a warm cup of tea.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How being mindful and intentional with cannabis gets you the biggest and best benefits
- How not having time for self-care is not an excuse when you can take 5 minutes to have an intentional cup of warm tea *having a joint with tea is our guest’s favorite activity*
- How Mother Earth produces so many plants to help us for whatever your intention is
- A list of herbs that help with sleep!
- What our bodies need for spring and what herbs help with it
- Mindful, intentional cannabis use is the way to get the most magic out of this plant.
- Cannabis helps today’s guest with social anxiety, rest and her overall wellbeing. I feel the same way and that’s why I use my platform to spread the word!
- Cannabis was outlawed because of racism. Full stop! Learn more in this YouTube video
- Career women all over the world face the stigmas of consuming cannabis even in a legal country like Amsterdam.
- The perfect self-care activity doesn’t exist. Instead of focusing on what self-care you should do, focus on showing up for yourself. Make a commitment to yourself, no matter how you do it.
- The Earth knows what we need and when we need it. Pay attention to the seasons and your bodies reaction to plants you smell.
- Pro Tip for Picking Weed: If it smells good to you, it will likely be something that benefits you! (Read more about selecting the best cannabis strains)
- Terpenes are found in all plants, not just cannabis. Lavender is a great example of a calming herb that typically is used for relaxation.
- It’s Spring and our bodies need to detox! Amandine has a spring herbal blends to help our livers detox. Yoga is also a great way to detox. Try some twisting postures (safely!)
Listen to the Full Episode
Share this Episode
If you are a stoner that needs help learning ways to prioritize and implement self-care using your favorite plant and want to learn more about cannabis along the way, you’re in the right place!
High on Self-Care is a podcast from MaryZeal.com, a growing community for WOC who love cannabis and want to use it as part of their self-care routine.