Episode 22: How to Make New Friends That Energize You
Have you ever heard that you are the sum of the 5 people you spend the most time with? I’ve both heard and experienced that the people you have around you will influence your energy, confidence, and outlook on life.
Because of this, we must have a squad of people that energize us rather than drain us and in this episode of High on Self-Care podcast, I walk you through how I was able to make friends as an adult when I moved 3,000 miles away from my hometown to Las Vegas.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why having a squad of people to gas you up is necessary
- Benefits of friendships according to the Mayo Clinic
- What qualities help create a healthy squad and which do not
- 4 ways to make friends as an adult that I have actually used successfully
- Moving away from your comfortable life to a new place is transformational experience
- Making friends as an adult is hard but we can do hard things. Say “I can do hard things” (go ahead, really say it!)
- One benefit of friendships according to the Mayo Clinic is that they boost your happiness and reduce stress. Who doesn’t want more happiness & less stress in their life?
- “Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.” — Oprah Winfrey
- Trying to make new friends will teach you a lot about yourself. Spend time learning about you so that you know who you are when entering into a new friendship.
Listen to the Full Episode
Share this Episode
If you are a stoner that needs help learning ways to prioritize and implement self-care using your favorite plant and want to learn more about cannabis along the way, you’re in the right place!
High on Self-Care is a podcast from MaryZeal.com, a growing community for WOC who love cannabis and want to use it as part of their self-care routine.