Episode 30: Cannabis, Endometriosis & Pain Relief with Ellen Scanlon of How to Do the Pot
1 in 10 women experience this disease in their lifetime yet there are so few options to help women navigate it. Our guest this week joins us to share her story about how cannabis helps her manage the painful endometriosis and gives us some great info about how we can also use the plant to navigate reproductive issues.
Ellen Scanlon is the co-founder of wildly popular ‘How to Do the Pot‘, which is an audio-first education platform demystifying cannabis for those who are curious to learn more. She joins us today to share her story about why cannabis has been so impactful in her life and how other women can add weed to their daily routine to navigate pain from reproductive issues.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How being overprescribed and underserved led us to cannabis medicine
- What endometriosis is and some stats
- Symptoms of endometriosis
- Different ways to use cannabis & CBD wellness for pain relief
- Where you can go to find great cannabis research (outside the USA)
- Cannabis is medicine. When you use it intentionally, you can sometimes avoid prescription pills.
- Be intentional with your cannabis use by reading the research on how it can help you
- Women are often overprescribed and our pain is often not believed (ain’t that a bitch!) and cannabis can be a great natural alternative to pain pills.
- 1 in 10 women have endometriosis; it can take up to 10 years and 8 different doctors to be diagnosed.
Listen to the Full Episode
Share this Episode
If you are a stoner that needs help learning ways to prioritize and implement self-care using your favorite plant and want to learn more about cannabis along the way, you’re in the right place!
High on Self-Care is a podcast from MaryZeal.com, a growing community for WOC who love cannabis and want to use it as part of their self-care routine.