Episode 32: CBD 101: Where to Start & Get the Best Products Online with Victor Melgar of Nala Health
Today, CBD is everywhere! You see it all over from your local 7-11 to your favorite online stores but how do you know which products are high quality vs. just hype?
Even Queen Beyonce recently announced that she uses CBD to help with sleep and recovery from touring.
“I discovered CBD on my last tour, and I’ve experienced its benefits for soreness and inflammation,” she said. “It helped with my restless nights and the agitation that comes from not being able to fall asleep.”Beyonce in Harper’s Bazaar
I’ve recently started taking CBD gummies to help me sleep and find it very effective so I brought on an expert to dive deep on CBD and some other cannabinoids that are lesser-known yet super effective. This week’s guest on High on Self Care Victor Melgar is the founder of Nala Health, a company dedicated to the study of cannabinoid therapy and health & recovery.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- What CBD is really and the amazing benefits
- Why THC users should also take CBD
- How to take your cannabis wellness to the next level by adding other important cannabinoids
- How to determine the right dosage for your needs + what happened when I took too much CBD before bed
- How to buy quality CBD products online & what to look out for
3 Key Takeaways
- Even if you primarily use cannabis with THC in it, you’ll get max benefits if you add medicinal CBD to your cannabis wellness practice.
- Dosing is important, even with CBD! Take the Nala Health Assessment to get an idea on how much you should be taking.
- When buying CBD, always look for a certificate of analysis (COA) or lab results. Don’t be shy to ask questions before you buy!
Listen to the Full Episode
- Nala Health Shop
- Nala Health Dosing Health Assessment
- Nala Health on Twitter
- High on Self Care Episode 17: Mixing Cannabis, Herbs & Tea to Create a Soothing Self-Care Experience
Share this Episode
If you are a stoner that needs help learning ways to prioritize and implement self-care using your favorite plant and want to learn more about cannabis along the way, you’re in the right place!
High on Self-Care is a podcast from MaryZeal.com, a growing community for WOC who love cannabis and want to use it as part of their self-care routine.