Episode 33: Stress & Self-Care: How to Be Your Best Self by Managing Stress with Michele Johnson, The Pain Free PA
Stress can literally kill you. According to research, 77% of the reasons people go to the doctor are stress-related. This week’s expert guest on High on Self Care is Michele Johnson aka The Pain Free PA and in this episode, she snatches all of our edges about why we need to indulge in self-care every day to manage our stress. She gives us a mix of research and personal stories that will leave you feeling guilt-free about prioritizing your needs.
We also talk about being multi-passionate entrepreneurs and how everything you are experiencing is leading you to your purpose. Light your joint and have a seat because you don’t want to miss this enlightening episode!
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How ignoring your stress will land you at the doctor
- What stress does to your body & ways to spot early signs
- Ways to use self-care & cannabis to manage stress
- How to deal with guilt surrounding taking time for yourself
- Consequences of not prioritizing self-care as healthcare
- Purpose, Forgiveness, Self-Reflection & so much more!
- “Two of the biggest qualities to manage stress well are having a resilient personality and community.” -Michele J. The Pain Free PA
- Stress presents itself in so many different ways for different people. It’s important to understand how stress appears in your life.
- When you check in with yourself regularly using journaling, meditation, or whatever your self-care of choice is, you catch early signs of stress before you hit burnout.
- You can ALWAYS start over. There is no rule that says you can’t start something and then stop when it no longer serves you.
Listen to the Full Episode
APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | AMAZON MUSIC | GOOGLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | PANDORA
- Michele’s Book – Pain Free: How To Live A Full Life Despite Chronic Pain
- Michele Johnson The Pain Free PA
- The Pain Free PA on Instagram
Share this Episode
If you are a stoner that needs help learning ways to prioritize and implement self-care using your favorite plant and want to learn more about cannabis along the way, you’re in the right place!
High on Self-Care is a podcast from MaryZeal.com, a growing community for WOC who love cannabis and want to use it as part of their self-care routine.