Episode 37: Nutrition as Self-Care: How to Create a Nutrition Mindset to Break Free from Diet Culture with Shanique Allen
Have you ever considered that the way you approach nutrition can be the same way you approach self-care? After listening to this episode, the answer will for sure be YES!
In this episode of High on Self Care, I chatted with Nutrition Habits & Mindset Coach Shanique Allen about how we can heal our relationship with nutrition by examining our beliefs around food and adding a little joy to our meals. She gave us actionable tips on what we can do to break away from diet culture and shift to a nutrition mindset.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How our beliefs around food impact our nutrition and examples of those beliefs that keep us in a box
- Why & how nutrition is self-care
- Why “good” vs. “bad” isn’t the best way to approach food
- How to cultivate a nutrition mindset
- Simple ways you can fix your diet without actually going on one
- Habits that are “good for you” can easily lead to burnout if you lose the joy.
- Nutrition shouldn’t be bland or boring. You’ll stick with it easier if you eat things that taste good
- Self-awareness is key in establishing a nutrition mindset
Listen to the Full Episode
Share this Episode
If you are a stoner that needs help learning ways to prioritize and implement self-care using your favorite plant and want to learn more about cannabis along the way, you’re in the right place!
High on Self-Care is a podcast from MaryZeal.com, a growing community for WOC who love cannabis and want to use it as part of their self-care routine.