I love seeing women laugh and live their best lives while enjoying cannabis.
I’m on a mission to help as many women as possible (especially black women) incorporate cannabis into their self-care routines so that they can be less stressed, more zen, and keep kicking-ass in life! YOU are phenomenal and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
On this blog, you will find info on ways to use cannabis for self-care, inspiring stories from women who currently use cannabis for self-care, and an all-around safe space to learn and grow as a cannabis-loving community.
MaryZeal.com is the place for you if:
- You’re stressed out, care about your well-being and want to explore cannabis as a way to destress
- You have trouble sleeping (I feel you sis!) and are considering cannabis b/c you just want to get some damn zzz
- You’re a low-key hippy, plant-nerd, and/or crystal lover that also loves all things cannabis
- You’re a busy-bee that’s about your shit, your self-care, and your weed
- You’re a man who loves, respects and appreciates ALL women (especially black & trans women) and want to join in on our cannabis fun
I started smoking weed to help with my insomnia and it has now become a BIG part of my daily care routine. Continue on for My Cannabis Story.
The Short Version
My cannabis story includes insomnia, falling asleep driving twice, trying every sleep method I could find online, and getting sleeping pills from a doctor for them to only work for 2 weeks…Now I use cannabis!
The Longer Version
For as long as I can remember, sleeping was a problem for me. I thought only getting a few hours of sleep a night was normal…(spoiler: it’s not!)
One day I was on my way to work and I fell asleep while driving! It was only for a few seconds and luckily nothing bad happened, but it was SCARY AF. This happened to me twice by the way.
Next, like most millennials, I started Googling ways to get sleep and I tried ALL THE THINGS!
I tried melatonin, not drinking caffeine after 2 pm, essential oils, you name it I tried it. Nothing worked consistently.
I finally went to the doctor and he prescribed me sleeping pills. The first week on the sleeping pills was AMAZING! I was like damn, sleep actually is awesome 🙂
Shortly after that, I noticed that it would take me longer and longer to fall asleep and that I was waking up in the middle of the night again. (I have issues falling asleep AND staying asleep…talk about a double whammy)
After calling the doctor, he said that it was normal for people to build up a tolerance to sleeping pills and that I should stop taking them for 2 weeks and then take them again for 2 weeks.
So, my options were:
- Sleep great for 2 weeks and then not sleep for 2 weeks; OR
- Try the newly recreationally legal cannabis in Las Vegas where I lived
I chose recreational cannabis (despite my job doing randoms) and honestly weed CONSISTENTLY helps me fall and stay asleep, to this day!
These days, I incorporate cannabis into my morning workout routine, meditation practice, and much more!
The more I learn about the plant, the more I want to share. I’m low-key obsessed with learning about cannabis and I really hope you find this blog valuable.