Episode 28: 10 Cannabis-Friendly Hobbies for Reducing Stress
Do you have a hobby? One that you don’t monetize and use as a break to reality?
According to Psychology Today, the benefits of having hobbies include promoting flow, fostering social interaction, makes you more interesting, and helps you cope with stress. We all should have things that we do outside of work that allow us to turn our brains off and simply be in a moment of happiness.
This week on the High on Self-Care podcast, I give you all the info on why you should have a hobby (that you don’t monetize) and how to find a hobby that is just right for you. It’s super important that we explore our interests outside of work and family so that we can feel more abundant.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why hobbies are important to your mental health
- Why you shouldn’t monetize all of your interests (+ my story of monetizing a hobby I didn’t even like that much)
- Steps on how to explore your interests to find a hobby you love
- Lessons you learn from hobbies that you’d never learn in a book
- The difference between doing all the things vs. doing all the right things
- Ideas for hobbies you can try to get you started
- In nature, there are times for rest and time for growth. Use your hobbies as a break from your day-to-day to help you recover.
- Finding people with shared interests makes you happier, according to Psychology Today.
- Smoking weed with your plants is good for them. It’s science (I think)
- No matter how much work you put in, you can’t rush the process. You need to put in the right amount of effort on the right tasks at the right time.
- Gardening is such a great hobby because it teaches you patience, perseverance, handling change, and more.
Listen to the Full Episode
APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | AMAZON MUSIC | GOOGLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | PANDORA
- Sleep & Slay Stoned Workshop: How to Use Cannabis to Get the Best Sleep of Your Life
- Episode 22: How to Make New Friends that Energize You
Share this Episode
If you are a stoner that needs help learning ways to prioritize and implement self-care using your favorite plant and want to learn more about cannabis along the way, you’re in the right place!
High on Self-Care is a podcast from MaryZeal.com, a growing community for WOC who love cannabis and want to use it as part of their self-care routine.