Episode 23: How to Start a Cannabis Business – Resources for Black Businesses – Special Juneteenth Episode
Happy Juneteenth Peeps! We talk a lot about self-care and cannabis on the podcast so in honor of Juneteenth this week, we’re talking about cannabis as a business for those who are interested in starting a cannabis business! Whether you want to start a business that involves touching the plant or not (like me!), you’ll learn how to do it.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Stats about Cannabis Prohibition and its impact on the black and brown community
- Insights & stats about cannabis as a business
- Helpful organizations and resources that help black business owners get into the cannabis space
- The difference between plant-touching and not plant-touching businesses
- Cannabis prohibition is a result of racism.
- 80% of people serving time for federal drug offenses are black or Latino
- 80% of cannabis owners are white; legal cannabis sales are projected to reach $22 billion by 2022 (There is plenty of space for us!)
- Although the industry is mostly white, there is space for us in plant-touching & not plant-touching space. Check out this awesome book How to Succeed in the Cannabis Industry by Dasheeda Dawson.
- There are tons of organizations in the cannabis industry with the goal of helping minorities start businesses:
- SuperNova Women, Minority Cannabis Business Association, Minorities for Medical Marijuana, Cannaclusive
Listen to the Full Episode
- The Ultimate Guide for Stoners: How to Have a Productive Morning
- Cannabis Self-Care Freebies
- How to Succeed in the Cannabis Industry by Dasheeda Dawson
- SuperNova Women
- Minority Cannabis Business Association
- Minorities for Medical Marijuana
- Cannalution App
Share this Episode
If you are a stoner that needs help learning ways to prioritize and implement self-care using your favorite plant and want to learn more about cannabis along the way, you’re in the right place!
High on Self-Care is a podcast from MaryZeal.com, a growing community for WOC who love cannabis and want to use it as part of their self-care routine.