Episode 41: Changing The Cannabis Medicine Narrative with Nurse Ashley Wynn Grimes
I had a deep and inspiring chat with a licensed professional in the realm of medical cannabis. And… she just so happens to come from the same hood as me! Meet Ashley Wynn-Grimes BSN, RN is the Founder of Cannabis Nursing Solutions, LLC, advisor of Cannabis Nurses of Color, and author of children’s book “Asa’s Medicine.” Native to Baltimore, MD, Wynn-Grimes, a Black female entrepreneur and widely respected medical professional, Wynn-Grimes is dedicated to empowering patients and nursing professionals to make informed medical cannabis care choices with impactful educational medical programs that also serve to promote diverse representation and medical equality in cannabis.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- What cannabinoids are and how it relates to the body
- The endocannabinoid system how it works in the body
- Dispensary tips
- What the process is to get a medical card in Maryland
- What inspired Ashley’s children’s book “Asa’s Medicine”
- Tips for parents / caregivers to communicate to kids about cannabis in a way they understand
- Advice for nurses seeking to transition moving toward medical cannabis space
- The importance of taking notes / keeping a journal of your experiences.
- Medical professionals should talk about cannabis options with patients more
- If you’re going to use it, know what’s in it.
- Let your kids ask you questions; be honest with them.
Listen to the Full Episode
- YouTube Channel: Cannabis Nursing Solutions
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cannabisnursingsolutions
- Children’s Book Asa’s Medicine
Share this Episode
If you are a stoner that needs help learning ways to prioritize and implement self-care using your favorite plant and want to learn more about cannabis along the way, you’re in the right place!
High on Self-Care is a podcast from MaryZeal.com, a growing community for WOC who love cannabis and want to use it as part of their self-care routine.