Episode 25: How to Create the Best Evening Routine with Cannabis for Good Sleep
Are you not a morning person or are you just not getting enough sleep? I used to say being a night owl is in my DNA because my mom has always worked nights and stayed up late.
But if I’m being honest, I wasn’t a morning person because I wasn’t getting enough sleep to function in the morning. When I fixed my sleep issues, I was able to become a morning person.
One major key to getting a restful night’s sleep is a relaxing evening routine that tells your brain it’s time to wind down. The Sleep Foundation says habits help our brain recognize when it’s time to go to sleep so, in this week’s episode I give you tips and tricks on how to create your own cannabis-infused evening routine.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why rest is essential for growth
- How falling asleep driving lead to a serious wakeup call for me
- What science says about evening routines
- How to incorporate cannabis into your evening routine (Specific ways!)
- Ways to add self-care to your evening routine
- The evening routine that allows me to unplug and get the best sleep every night
- Tips for creating your own evening routine
- Rest is essential for growth; this is true in nature and our beautiful human bodies
- Are you not a morning person or are you just not getting enough sleep?
- The Sleep Foundation says habits help our brain recognize when it’s time to go to sleep.
- Your evening routine should always include self-care like journaling, meditation, reading, etc.
- Make time for silence. I love sitting outside, enjoying a joint, and listening to silence before bed.
- Cut your phone time before bed. The National Center for Biotechnology Information says that the strong blue light coming from electronics suppresses melatonin production aka keeps you awake.
Register for my upcoming Sleep & Slay Stoned Workshop to learn how to use cannabis to get the best sleep of your life!
Listen to the Full Episode
- Sleep & Slay Stoned Workshop: How to Use Cannabis to Get the Best Sleep of Your Life
- Brown Girl Jane Rest Tincture
- Twin Flame Chamomile Tea
- World of Unoia CBD Infused Honey
- Episode 00: My Cannabis Story
- Episode 02: Get Better Sleep Using Cannabis
- Episode 13: How Journaling and Cannabis Work Together to Balance Your Energy
Share this Episode
If you are a stoner that needs help learning ways to prioritize and implement self-care using your favorite plant and want to learn more about cannabis along the way, you’re in the right place!
High on Self-Care is a podcast from MaryZeal.com, a growing community for WOC who love cannabis and want to use it as part of their self-care routine.