Episode 19: 5 Ways to Overcome Fear & Live Your Best Life
Is fear holding you back from applying for that new job or uprooting your life to move across the world? Are you in a state of transition and have fear rearing its head keeping you paralyzed? I understand how you feel because we have all been faced with the fear of making a decision about our next move. One of the biggest and scariest transitions was moving away from home to Las Vegas and while it was super scary, I’m glad I overcame the fear because that move was the most transformational period in my adult life.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- What fear is and how to tell if it is holding you back
- How to identify perfectionism, negative thoughts, and inaction in your life
- 5 things you can do TODAY to help face your fear and start living your best abundant life
- Fear is our brain’s way of keeping us safe and comes in response to real or perceived danger
- If you’re only seeing the negative side of the situation, fear has probably entered the room
- You won’t make the best decisions every single time, what if we accepted that? Would facing fear be easier if we accepted that getting it ‘wrong’ is a part of living?
- “People think about the word ‘fearless’ to mean without fear. I see it to actually mean ‘with fear but you do it anyway’.” — Luvvie Ajayi Jones
- Practicing mindfulness helps us to identify and reprogram fearful thoughts
Listen to the Full Episode
Share this Episode
If you are a stoner that needs help learning ways to prioritize and implement self-care using your favorite plant and want to learn more about cannabis along the way, you’re in the right place!
High on Self-Care is a podcast from MaryZeal.com, a growing community for WOC who love cannabis and want to use it as part of their self-care routine.